Thursday, December 15, 2022

Suburban Homeboys - 09-04-2011 - NHB Telethon show

 While around the time of the 2010 NHB telethon may have been one of the lowest points of the show, by telethon of 2011 things were quite up.  Quite a lot happened over that year, that perhaps will be featured on a future podcast.  But Niio reminded me of this epic telethon show in a recent tweet.  

This telethon show was the first under the name of Suburban Homeboys.  This show was also the last time I ever took a shot of buttershots - drinking a whole bottle of that really put me off of that.  The thought never occurred to me to buy another bottle - but enough time has passed now maybe it's time to pick one up.  This was also the first Bob Ross painting show I did.  

Unfortunately, true to the name "Amateur Hour" (despite this being under a different name), this was a show that was plagued with technical problems.  My setup had a nasty hum at the time, and was something I had fixed with the use of a ground loop isolater.  Why the damn thing picked right before a telethon show to stop working, I'll never know, but it did, which caused the show to start late, and resulted in my having to bypass it on the right side, which is quite noticeable throughout the show.  

This is also the show that Niio did one of the sickest telethon stunts ever done in NHB history, if not the sickest.  

It's too bad the stickam video stream wasn't captured - but all the audio is here, beginning to end.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment